In the fast paced ever changing VUCA (Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambiguous) world, we explore the implications of the future of work on HR. In this highly interactive workshop, we introduce the mindset of Agile and show how HR professionals can make a meaningful impact by adopting an Agile mindset and approach.
Regardless if you are an agile coach, a line manager or an HR professional, you need to understand how the People strategy and operations need to change when working in a company embracing the agile value structure. How do performance management, recruitment, learning and development, compensation and benefits and the way we perform employee engagement surveys change? What are the specific skills that we need to use to run an agile transformation from a people perspective?
The workshop places great emphasis on practical examples and we will present a series of tools that you will be able to use when getting started on your own agile HR initiative. We take you through an agile HR project from setting goals and developing user stories for HR, to implementing sprint planning and monitoring the sprint using Kanban. Activities are designed to make the learning practical and real.
During day one we dive into Agile frameworks, discover how Agile teams and organisations work, and get comfortable with words like Scrum, Kanban and incremental development. On day two, we translate Agile into HR and people practices, and gain practical tools to start applying the basics of Agile HR back in your own organisation.
Become one of the first people in the world to hold the ICAgile Certified Professional – Agile Talent (ICP-TAL) Certification.
Benefits of Agile HR Workshop
- Confidently discuss Agile concepts and frameworks with leaders and teams
- Understand why organisations are ‘going Agile’ and the implications for HR
- Gain practical tools and methods to start applying Agile HR to your own work
- Discover how to build a great employee experience using Agile HR techniques
- Move beyond the Agile jargon and experience Agile first hand
- Build a great employee experience using Agile HR techniques
- Boost your own and team’s productivity and effectiveness with Agile HR
- Lead successful change projects
- Be a trusted business partner able to consult on Agile organisational transformation
- How HR can support an agile organisational transformation: Assess the current organisational structure and design a new structure that enables business agility, maximises communication and collaboration within and among teams and enables the flow of value.
- Goal setting and performance management in a new way: Appraise current performance management practices and identify ways of bringing Agile thinking to enhance performance, accountability and growth.
- Salaries and benefits for an agile organisation: Describe and contrast traditional incentive structures with Agile-friendly structures, discuss the pros and cons of each approach and explain how they could apply them to their own environment.
- Job Roles – are they needed in the future? Develop an organisational action plan for role modelling an agile mindset and to build new skills that will enable cross-functional teams.
- Employee engagement in an agile manner: Recommend different motivational tools to be applied in a context and describe how the traditional employee engagement survey is changing.
- Talent acquisition and the candidate experience: Design a sourcing strategy that can be used to find and acquire the “right” people to support the strategic growth of the organisation taking values, culture, diversity and collaboration into the hiring decision.
- Agile learning: Suggest ways to enable and support a learning mindset in a team, supporting the shift from a focus on deficiencies to a focus on development of new skills and capabilities.
- Onboarding practices for agile companies: Design an onboarding experience that enables new employees to become a part of the organisation rapidly and smoothly.
- Why the agile mindset is HRs responsibility: Design the talent/people elements needed to help support an Agile transition in an organisation and explain how different contexts can influence the approach to be taken.
- The needed changes in the HR core function: Relate how the need for business agility affects the HR function and organisation and how it impacts HR team members’ roles and behaviours.
- Practical tools, templates and exercises for HR and managers: How an HR department can work with agile tools and methods, for example with Kanban, Sprints, Scrum and Retrospectives.